Founded in 2016, Belmont Chinese American Association (BCAA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with core mission to preserve the cultural heritage, and to promote participation of Chinese Americans in the cultural and civic life of our community.
The purposes of BCAA are:
- Build a community that is inclusive and supportive for Chinese Americans, organize various activities to facilitate communications and exchange of ideas among our members.
- Preserve the cultural heritage and values of Chinese Americans, encourage active and effective participation of the members in town affairs, such as local elections, school affairs, and community planning.
- Support the town of Belmont and other groups/organizations to promote mutual understanding and the vision of working together to make Belmont a better place to live.
Over the years, BCAA has successfully organized many activities that include:
- Annual Chinese New Year Gala since 2016
- Annual Chinese Culture Festival since 2018
- Mid-summer party for members in July
- Thanksgiving retreat to Great Wolf Water Park
- Community seminars year-round covering a wide variety of topics
- Panel discussion between a panel of Belmont High graduates and an audience of younger students and their parents
- Team BelmontSuper competing in Kids Triathlon in July
- Participation in Belmont Town Day in May/June
- Participation in the Foundation for Belmont Education (FBE) Apple Run in September/October
BCAA has either raised or donated tens of thousands of dollars to various groups/organizations including:
- Belmont Council on Aging
- Foundation for Belmont Education
- Parents of Music Students
- The John McLellan Fund for music scholarship
- Cambridge Center for Chinese Culture
- Belmont High School Parent Teacher Student Organization
- Belmont High School All Night Party for seniors
- Belmont Marauders Athletics and Sports Teams